List of Mysteries From Around the World
If you have a passion for watching mysteries, check out our global list! From Italy’s Detective Montalbano to France’s Perfect Murders. . . . find a whole new world of crime and intrigue with these shows.
- Under the Skin (TV Mystery Review)Sketch Artist Shen Yi works with detective Du Cheng to identify both victims and criminals through the use of art and old-fashioned detective work.
- 6 Lesser-Known Cozy Mysteries for the Winter Nights (International Edition)Check out these six cozy mysteries from around the world! From 1920s Shanghai to 1950s US to modern Italy, where will the detective take you?
- Rosemary & Thyme (TV Mystery Review)When Rosemary and Laura are cast together in this cozy mystery series, they rapidly bond over both their passion for gardening and their incurable nosiness.
- Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency (Film Review)Poor Todd Brotzman has been selected by the universe as Dirk’s assistant on the case of a dead man. At least that’s what Dirk Says. Todd’s not so sure. 😂
- The Burns of Sin (Film Review)Su Cheng returns to his hometown to find his best friend Wang and old crush Lin Jing married and settled down. When Wang is killed by an apparent serial killer, police have to ask whether Cheng’s return is a bit too convenient.
- Royal Medical Examiner (Film Review)Royal Medical Examiner – The story takes place during the historical Ming Dynasty. Late one evening, the cries of a baby were suddenly heard in Lin’an County Cemetery and two corpses lie in a grave one on the other. Murder is clear, but the means not so much and a local medical examiner Song Shao is called in to investigate.
- ‘The Lost Tomb’ in Chronological OrderAn introduction to the universe of ‘The Grave Robber Chronicles’ (aka ‘The Lost Tomb’ universe). Includes a list of all of the dramas and movies in chronological order for best watching!
- Shakespeare & Hathaway (Film Review)Shakespeare & Hathaway are private investigators who take on crime in this light-hearted, cozy mystery show from the UK.
- Blood of the Vine (Film Review)One of our favorite French mysteries is ‘Blood of the Vine’ (Le Sang de la Vigne)- a crime show centering around enologist (expert in wine making) and all too enthusiastic amateur detective Benjamin Label.
- Murder In (Film Review)Okay, we are becoming addicted to the locations in France’s #crime series: ‘Murder In’. Each episode features a new ‘picturesque’ and lesser-known location. Still on Season 1 and some of these places we’ve never heard of but are now on the bucket list!