Terms and Conditions of The Suitcase Detective
These terms & conditions cannot be varied in any way unless such conditions are expressly agreed by the site owner in writing.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of materials on The Suitcase Detective for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the material
- use the material for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- remove any copyright or other proprietary marks from the materials
- transfer materials to another person or mirror the materials in any other server.
The license will automatically expire if any of these restrictions are violated and may be terminated at any time by The Suitcase Detective. Upon termination of this license or ending your personal viewing of these materials, you must destroy any downloaded materials (regardless of format).
You agree that you shall not use the website for any illegal purposes, and that you will respect all applicable laws and regulations.
You agree not to use the website in a way that may impair the performance, corrupt or manipulate the content or information available on the website or reduce the overall functionality of the website.
You agree not to compromise the security of the website or attempt to gain access to secured areas of the website or attempt to access any sensitive information you may believe exist on the website or server where it is hosted.
You agree to be fully responsible for any claim, expense, losses, liability, costs including legal fees incurred by us arising from any infringement of the terms and conditions in this agreement and to which you will have agreed if you continue to use the website.
The reproduction, distribution in any method whether online or offline is strictly prohibited. The work on the website and the images, logos, text and other such information is the property of The Suitcase Detective (unless otherwise stated).
In any case, the views expressed by third-parties that link to The Suitcase Detective or are linked to by The Suitcase Detective may not be shared by the owners of The Suitcase Detective.
The Suitcase Detective may be an administrator for various social media groups wherein third-parties are able to post comments and hold discussions. The comments expressed by third-parties on such groups, on social media accounts, or on this site itself are not under the control of and may not reflect the views of The Suitcase Detective.
Our rules are simple but strict:
1) No Explicit or Vulgar Language.
2) No Spam or Links to Sources unrelated to the topic
3) No Trolls, Personal Attacks, or Bullying. This is a serious page for serious topics that should be completely unpolitical. There is no need to attack each other or the victims/families involved. Disagreements are likely, but be polite in the discourse.
4) No Defamation. While it is reasonable to put forth theories and possibilities, it should always be clearly marked as a THEORY. All people are innocent until proven guilty and convicted by a court of law. It is best to start your post with “In my opinion” and to avoid naming people unless including a disclaimer. This is for your protection as well – defamation is a crime and you are liable under the law unless you personally can prove what you said to be true.
5) No ‘Doxing’ – Do not post links to suspects or family member’s social media or personal accounts unless it is clearly public knowledge. Do not name victims, families, or suspects unless the police or the news have made that information public.
6) Spiritual advisers (including religious leaders & psychics) should not contact persons privately or make statements unsupported by known and proven evidence (e.g., ‘the body is here’ ‘the missing person is dead’ ‘the person wants you to know _____________’. The family can decide themselves if they want to solicit such assistance. If you have been contacted in such a way, contact us with evidence and we will do what we can to block them.
7) Avoid criticizing, dissing, verbally attacking, or otherwise tearing down families, friends, or others involved in the cases. Hindsight is 20-20. If you have nothing nice or helpful to contribute beware.
THE VIEWS AND STATEMENTS EXPRESSED BY PERSONS ON THIS SITE DO NOT REFLECT THE PERSPECTIVE OR OPINION OF ‘THE SUITCASE DETECTIVE.’ WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THINGS OTHERS HAVE SAID. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO MAINTAIN AN EYE ON THE DISCOURSE AND TO ADDRESS ISSUES WE NOTICE ASAP. IF YOU DO SEE A PROBLEM, YOU CAN REPORT IT TO US HERE OR AT ‘THESUITCASEDETECTIVE@OUTLOOK.COM’. WE WILL ADDRESS IT ASAP.
Though we strive to be completely accurate in the information that is presented on our site, and attempt to keep it as up to date as possible, in some cases, some of the information you find on the website may be slightly outdated.
We make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaim and negate all otehr warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
The Suitcase Detective reserves the right to make any modifications or corrections to the information you find on the website at any time without notice.
Change to the Terms and Conditions of Use
We reserve the right to make changes and to revise the above mentioned Terms and Conditions of use.
Last Revised: 09-16-2020