March 12, 2007 (Monday)
Mountaineer Casino Racetrack and Resort, Hancock County, West Virginia, United States
Karen Sue Adams
Alternative Name: Unknown
Missing from: Mountaineer Casino Racetrack and Resort, Hancock County, West Virginia, United States
Date Missing: March 11, 2007 (Sunday)
Taken By: Unknown
Karen Adams was a teacher’s aide at the local elementary school in Independence Township, Pennsylvania. She supplemented her income as a cashier’s clerk at the local department store.
On March 11, 2007, Adams drove to the Mountaineer Casino Racetrack and Resort at around 2:00pm (14:00) to play bingo that night. The Casino was in Hancock County, West Virginia, not far from her residence. People noted her leaving the Bingo area around 11:00pm (23:00), and some supposed she might have been headed to the gaming side to play with the slot machines.
She was then observed on the CCTV cameras around 3:00am on March 12, 2007 leaving the Casino. She was filmed in the parking lot around 4:30am and last used her phone’s vice mail at 4:35am. People noticed she was missing when she failed to show up for either of her jobs the next day. Karen has never been seen since, nor was her vehicle ever located.
Her last recorded phone call was to her brother, but he wasn’t at home and didn’t pick up (Link). Family says she tended to follow the same route up to the Casino and back again, but they had driven the route and saw no signs of an accident (Link).
She is not likely to have simply left as she had a dog she quite loved and left behind.
She was driving a 2005 Suzuki Forenza (maroon, 4-doors). The license plate was Pennsylvania ETD5587.
- Date of Birth: January 10, 1953
- Age at Disappearance: 54
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Nationality: American
- Gender at Birth: Female
- Hair: Brown
- Eye Color: Green
- Height: 5′ 4″ (162cm)
- Weight: 120lbs (54kg)
Distinguishing Marks or Factors
- Pierced Ears
- Green Coat
- Two Dark Shirts Layered
- Blue Jeans
- A Baseball Cap
If You or Anyone You Know Has Information About The Disappearances, Please Contact the FBI or Crime Stoppers at 1 (800) 222-TIPS
- KDKA (2019) ‘FBI: Beaver Co. Woman Still Missing After 12 Years’, CBS Pittsburgh, Link.
- u/Blueiskewl (2019) ‘The FBI Revisits the 2007 Cold Case Disappearance of Karen S. Adams [Unresolved Disappearance]’, Reddit, Link.
- Morning Journal News (2019) ‘Cold case: FBI revisits investigation into women’s disappearance 12 years ago’, 12 March. Link
- The Morning Call (2019) ‘Search continues in 2007 disappearance of Pennsylvania woman’, 11 March. Link.
- Pennsylvania LostNMissing (April 14, 2014) Facebook. Link
- The Intelligencer (2019) ‘FBI Taking Fresh Look at Pennsylvania Woman’s 2007 Disappearance After Leaving Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack and Resort in Hancock County’, 13 March. Link
- Websleuths (2007) ‘WV – Karen Adams, 54, Mountaineer Casino Racetrack and Resort, New Cumberland, 12 March 2007’, Link
The information offered through our Services is general information only. We make every effort to maintain the database and ensure the data is up-to-date and correct. However, we make no warranties or promises regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of the data herein. Data is gathered primarily from NGOs, new articles, and Charity postings. This information is not intended for reliance. Under no circumstances will The Suitcase Detective or its owners & operators be liable for any problems that may result from using or reading this information. Continued use of our Services serves as evidence that you approve our Privacy Policies and Terms & Conditions.
Please do NOT copy and paste text from our blog articles. We request that readers be directed to our site instead. This allows us to ensure out-of-date information is not being shared and that readers can access the reference list. If you would like to share a story, you can either use the social media buttons or share a link to this page. The images you are welcome to share.