May 27, 2021 (Thursday)
Montezuma, Iowa, United States
Xavior C. Harrelson
Alternative Name: Unknown
La Apoda: Desconocida
Nombres alternativos: Desconocida
Missing from: Spruce Village Mobile Home Park, Montezuma, Iowa, United States
Date Missing: May 27, 2021 (Thursday)
Falta de: Montezuma, Iowa, EE. UU.
Falta en la fecha: 27 de mayo de 2021 (jueves)
On September 30 at approximately 2:00pm, remains were found in Poweshiek County wearing clothing similar to that of Xavior when he disappeared (Link).. The body was found in a field near the intersection of Ewart Road and 110th Street, approximately 3 miles from Montezuma by a local farmer. The cause of death is not public, but police are apparently considering if foul play was involved. No suspects have been put forth.
Our prayer’s go out to his family and we celebrate the gift that was Xavior’s presence on earth. Sleep in peace sweetheart.
Xavior was last observed riding his bike at approximately 11:00am near his home. His blue bicycle was later discovered at his mobile home, unusual since he usually travelled by bike if he went somewhere (Link). He is not considered a likely runaway.
Xavior was on summer vacation from school, and he would often ride and play with neighborhood children but the kids typically remained nearby. It was unusual for him to leave the mobile home park where he lived or to be gone overnight. He is responsible for his age, often helping with his mother, a single parent who struggled with a physical disability.
Xavior was reported missing by a family friend after his mother and the friend searched for him without success near their home.
He is ‘”joyous,” “remarkable” and “loving,”. . . always has a smile on his face, his dimples shining. Harrelson is a shy kid . . . but he’ll talk your ear off once you get to know him.” – Samantha Rix (family friend)
“He’s nice, and he shares his Legos. He makes people smile a lot. I like everything about him” – Kyle Peerenboom (Rix’s son)Des Moines Registrar (Link)
The search was expanded from his immediate neighborhood to the surrounding area and Diamond Lake Park. Waterways were searched, dive teams brought in, and ground searches conducted but there is no sign as to what happened to Xavior.
At a benefit concert with local Iowa musicians was held on July 1, 2021, and $31,000+ was raised to contribute to the search for Xavior. Many attendees wore orange, his favorite color (Link).
- Date of Birth: May 30, 2010
- Age at Disappearance: 10
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Nationality: United States
- Gender at Birth: Male
- Hair: Brown
- Eye Color: Blue
- Height: 4’8″ (142cm)
- Weight: 100lb (45.4 kg)
- Fecha de Nacimiento: 30 de mayo de 2010
- Edad: 10
- Etnicidad: Caucásico
- Nacionalidad: Americano
- Sexo al nacer: Hombre
- Cabello: Pelo castaño
- Color de los ojos: Ojos azules
- Altura: 4’8″ (142cm)
- Peso: 100 libras (45,4 kg)
Distinguishing Marks or Factors (Características Distintivas)
Medical Concerns (Preocupaciones Médicas)
- Red Shirt
- Blue Pajama Pants
- Black High-Top Sneakers
- Camisa roja
- Pantalones de pijama azul
- Zapatillas altas negras
If You or Anyone You Know Has Information About The Disappearances, Please Contact:
- Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office:
- Missing Person Clearinghouse
- Telephone (1-800-346-5507)
- FBI Website
- Submit digital information at fbi.gov/findxavior.
Or use the QR Code (right) to find contact information for the FBI:
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Link.
- NAMUS, Link.
- Finding Xavior Harrelson (FB Page), Link.
- Sahouri, A. (2021) ‘Benefit concert raises awareness in the search for Montezuma’s Xavior Harrelson, 11, now missing for over a month’, Des Moines Registrar, 1 July. Link.
- Sahouri, A. (2021) ‘No ‘tipping point’ in search for Montezuma boy, now missing a week: Search continues as friends’ worries deepen’, Des Moines Registrar, 3 June. Link.
- Joens, P. (2021) ”Like a mom’s worst nightmare’: 500 people search for missing 10-year-old Montezuma boy, last seen Thursday’, Des Moines Registrar, 30 May. Link.
- KCCI (2021) ‘Xavior Harrelson has been missing for nearly a month’, 25 June. Link.
- Sahouri, A. (2021) “‘It became real:’ News of Xavior Harrelson’s death sinks in for Montezuma, hometown of the 11-year-old”, Des Moines Registrar, 16 October. Link
The information offered through our Services is general information only. We make every effort to maintain the database and ensure the data is up-to-date and correct. However, we make no warranties or promises regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of the data herein. Data is gathered primarily from NGOs, new articles, and Charity postings. This information is not intended for reliance. Under no circumstances will The Suitcase Detective or its owners & operators be liable for any problems that may result from using or reading this information. Continued use of our Services serves as evidence that you approve our Privacy Policies and Terms & Conditions.
Please do NOT copy and paste text from our blog articles. We request that readers be directed to our site instead. This allows us to ensure out-of-date information is not being shared and that readers can access the reference list. If you would like to share a story, you can either use the social media buttons or share a link to this page. The images you are welcome to share.