Alternative Name: Unknown
Smeknamn: Inget svar
Ett alternativt namn: Inget svar
Missing from: Central Station, Hallsberg, Sweden
Date Missing: May 22, 2017 (Monday)
Platsen: Centralstationen, Hallsberg, Sverige
Datum: 22 maj 2017 (måndag)
Den misstänkte: Inget svar
Patrik was traveling home towards the region of Skåne County when he disappeared from a train station. He had recently been suffering from depression and had had a particularly difficult weekend, so his parents arranged for him to come home as soon as possible. His path was booked to carry him south from Dalarna via Falun towards his destination of Malmö. He was meant to change trains during a layover in Mjölby about halfway along.
During the trip, he called his family twice and noted to them that his phone had run out of money and he was borrowing the phone of a fellow passenger. He told them to call that phone if they needed to reach him.
In confusion he got off too early; appearing on CCTV at the Hallsberg Central Station. He was last seen with two bags (a larger rolling suitcase and a smaller bag) at approximately 2:45pm (14:45) in the station. The passenger who loaned him her phone observed too late that he was getting off too soon, but was not able to catch him because he left too quickly and she had a pet she was not comfortable leaving.
Patrik’s family was waiting for him to arrive at the train station in Malmö and initially assumed his train was simply delayed. However, when he failed to arrive on the last train at 2:00am the next morning, they realized something was wrong. He was swiftly reported missing and a significant search was launched, but he vanished without a trace.
Nothing suggests that Patrik changed his mind about heading home and there is no information about whether he had connections in Hallsberg he might have stopped to visit. It appears he was simply confused and got off too quickly to realize there was an issue. The train then left before anyone had a chance to call out to him.
His belongings and bags were located the next day near a wooded area north from the train station. There has been no activity on his phone, bank accounts, or bank cards since he disappeared though these were not found with his bags. Searches of nearby hospitals did not turn up any other details either way.
Patrik may come across as shy or withdrawn; he may be slow to speak with strangers. He did not have a history of running away.
- Date of Birth:
- Age at Disappearance: 22-23
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Nationality: Sweden
- Gender at Birth: Male
- Hair: Short Blonde Hair
- Eye Color:
- Height: 5’8″ (173cm)
- Weight: 121lbs (55kg)
- Languages Spoken:
- Ålder: 22-23
- Etnicitet: Kaukasiska
- Nationalitet: Sverige
- Kön: Manlig
- Hårfärg: Kort blont hår
- Höjd: 173cm
- Vikt: 55kg
Distinguishing Marks or Factors (Utmärkande egenskaper)
- Inget svar
Medical Concerns (Medicinsk oro)
- He may have suffered from depression and been confused. It is possible his mental instability had escalated.
- Patrik är deprimerad och troligtvis förvirrad.
- Det är möjligt att hans mentala instabilitet hade förvärrats.
Suspect (Den misstänkte)
- Inget svar
Clothing & Possessions (Kläder och ägodelar)
- Light-Colored Shirt
- Dark Jacket (probably Black or Navy)
- Pants (maybe Blue Jeans)
- Dark Suitcase with wheels
- Possibly a second, smaller bag
- Ljus färg skjorta
- Mörk jacka (troligen svart eller marinblå)
- Byxor (kanske blå jeans)
- Mörk resväska med hjul
- Kanske en andra, mindre väska
- Inget svar
If You or Anyone You Know Has Information About The Disappearances, Please Contact:
Or use the QR Code (right) to find contact information for the National Police.
Follow us now for more mysterious reviews, stories, and recommendations!
- Aftonbladet (2017) “Gick skallgång efter försvunnen 22-åring”, May 25, Link.
- Sveriges Radio (2017) “Missing People går skallgång efter saknad 22-åring”, May 24, Link.
- Ipsoniu, C. (2019) “Ny sökinsats efter försvunne Patrik”, Sveriges Radio, April 28, Link.
- Haglund, L, Gustavsson, L., and Wedin, T. (2017) “Sökarbetet efter 22-åriga Patrik fortsätter”, SVT NYHETER, 29 May, Link
- Nilsson, M. (2018) “Snart ett år sedan Patrik, 22, försvann – polisen vädjar om hjälp”, NYHETER, 29 May. Link
- Nilsson, M. (2017) “Försvunna Patriks pappa kritiserar polisen: De gör inte tillräckligt”, NYHETER, 21 July. Link.
- Nilsson, M. (2017) “Polisen: Vi har slutat leta efter försvunna Patrik, 22”, NYHETER, 25 June. Link.
- Nilsson, M. (2017) “Här är filmen som visar det sista spåret efter försvunne Patrik, 22”, NYHETER, 3 July. Link.
- Nilsson, M. (2017) ‘Polisen söker försvunne Patrik – spåren slutar vid en väska”, NYHETER, 24 May. Link.
- Nilsson, M. and Backlund, A. (2017) “Patrik försvann spårlöst i måndags – nu vädjar familjen om hjälp”, 23 May. Link.
The information offered through our Services is general information only. We make every effort to maintain the database and ensure the data is up-to-date and correct. However, we make no warranties or promises regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of the data herein. Data is gathered primarily from NGOs, new articles, and Charity postings. This information is not intended for reliance. Under no circumstances will The Suitcase Detective or its owners & operators be liable for any problems that may result from using or reading this information. Continued use of our Services serves as evidence that you approve our Privacy Policies and Terms & Conditions.
Please do NOT copy and paste text from our blog articles. We request that readers be directed to our site instead. This allows us to ensure out-of-date information is not being shared and that readers can access the reference list. If you would like to share a story, you can either use the social media buttons or share a link to this page. The images you are welcome to share.