July 10, 2020 (Friday)
5700 E. 53rd St. Davenport, IA, USA
Alternative Name: Unknown
Missing from: 5700 Block of E. 53rd St., Davenport, Iowa, USA
Date Missing: July 10, 2020 (Friday)
Taken By: Unknown ➔ Person of Interest is Henry Dinkins, a registered sex offender who was in the area when Breasia disappeared. Police are asking anyone who saw those cars in the area or who saw Dinkins on that day to report it.
Circumstances: Breasia Terrell last spoke with her mother on Thursday night when she texted her mother good night at around 9:00pm (21:00). She was spending the night with her half-brother who was visiting his father Henry Earl Dinkins and Henry’s girlfriend at their apartment on the 2700 block of E. 53rd Street in Davenport, Iowa.
She vanished the following day, last seen early in the morning on Thursday walking near the Dinkins apartment. Dinkins has been listed as a person of interest and has been in jail since July for violating sex offender registration laws (in 1999 he was charged with assaulting a girl under 13y/o) and breaking his parole. Dinkins has denied having any information that could help.
Police have not declared him an official suspect at this time, and instead are asking anyone who saw his vehicles or Breasia to contact them with information.
Dinkins’ cars include:
- 2007 Maroon Chevy Impala
- 2012 Black Chevy Camaro
- 1980′s Kings Highway motor home
Police and private search parties have been combing the area, including Credit Island park. Unfortunately, as we have seen in all-too-many cases, an amber alert wasn’t released until several days (5) after she disappeared (Link) – the alert was likely issues once they had a vehicle (Dinkins’) to attach per the requirements.
A private march was held to bring public attention to Terrell’s disappearance on Saturday, November 14.
The amber alert (launched July 15, 2020) was cancelled six months later in January 2021, but the search remains ongoing.
- Date of Birth: August 14, 2011
- Age at Disappearance: 10
- Ethnicity: African American
- Nationality: American
- Gender at Birth: Female
- Hair: Black, Curly
- Eye Color: Brown
- Height: 4′ 5″ (134cm)
- Weight: 75lbs (34kg)
Distinguishing Marks or Factors
- Might have been wearing glasses
- Large white t-shirt
- White or Pink Flip Flops
If You or Anyone You Know Has Information About The Disappearances, Please Contact the Davenport Police Department
at +1 (563) 388-3661
- Cress, J. (2020) ‘Breasia Terrell: Community raising awareness for Davenport 10-year-old girl missing since July’, Des Moines Register, 14 November. Link
- Sahouri, A. (2020) ‘Davenport 10-year-old Breasia Terrell disappeared in July and is still missing. Here’s what we know.’, Des Moines Register, 9 October. Link
- Sahouri, A. (2020) ‘Breasia Terrell: More questions than answers in the case of missing 10-year-old Davenport girl’, Des Moines Register, 27 July. Link
- City of Davenport (2020) ‘Missing Child’ Link
- Scott County (2020) ‘Search for Breasia Terrell’, Link
- Sahouri, A. (2021) ‘Amber Alert canceled for missing Breasia Terrell; with no new information, missing child’s case still ongoing’, Des Moines Register, 13 January. Link